The Games and the Names:
– Bulls vs. Wizards: With Chicago going without Wade and Butler, a lot of the secondary guys will get plenty of minutes, and a chance to shine. Take a look at guys like Valentine, McDermott and Gibson on Chicago. For the Wizards, this should be a great match up vs. a struggling team, and all the Wizards guys have high upside, ( Wall, Beal, Gortat, Porter )
– Hawks vs Nets: The Nets continue to struggle defensively, being a great fantasy matchup for the opposition. I believe Dennis Schroeder and Paul Millsap are primed for a big performance tonight
– Heat vs Warriors: For the Heat, you have to consider Hassan Whiteside, Goran Dragic, and Tyler Johnson. While the Heat are not likely to win the game, they will have plenty of opportunities vs Warriors to score and rebound in bunches in a fast paced game.
– Lakers vs Blazers: This one figures to be an offensive affair so many of the participants deserve a good look. On the Lakers, I love the matchup for Julius Randle, D’Angello Russel and Lou Williams, while for the Blazers, I think Plumlee is bound to continue his excellent play, while Lillard and CJ McCollum should have a big scoring night.
Going Cheap: Denzell Valentine (CHI)
Going Big: Damian Lillard (POR)
Games and names
- IND vs NYK – Both teams are poor defensively, so the top guys shouldn’t struggle to score. ( I like: Paul George, Jeff Teague, Derek Rose, Kristaps Porzingis, Joakim Noah )
- DEN vs OKC – This is a one man show for Russ, but he can’t do it all, so I like Oladipo and Kanter / Adams to get good looks in the supporting role tonight
- DET vs POR – The Blazers give up a ton of points, and the Pistons like to shoot the three. ( Harris, Lauer and Reggie Jackson deserve a look )
- Victor Oladipo (OKC) – should continue to be the clear 2nd option on offense for the Thunder
- Derreck Rose (NYK) – The Pacers are struggling on the defensive side of the ball, so if he plays aggressive, he should have a nice night
- Kristaps Porzingis (IND) – It will be important for him to demand touches and be involved in the offense, but he has a very ceiling vs the Pacers defense
Which players are YOU looking at for tonight ?
Let’s discuss some line-up options for the games slated for tonight:
- HOU vs ORL: Anyone playing against the Rockets deserves a look because it figures to be a more open, faster type of a game.
- CLE vs BKLYN: The Nets continue to be a terrible defensive team, so the Cavs players will not have a tough time piling up fantasy points. This has a potential for a blowout so the stars might get to set late in the game
- BOS vs PHI: The Celtics are starting to click while the 76ers continue to try to figure things out. This is a great chance for Celtics support group to shine. (Crowder, Smart, Olynyk)
- NYK vs MIL: The Knicks continue to struggle on defense while the Bucks like to push the pace. This should be another high scoring game between these 2 teams
- Elfrid Payton (ORL) vs HOU: Playing against HOU plays into his strengths. Fast paced game is where he thrives, and this is a great opportunity for him to put up good numbers
- JJ Reddick (LAC) vs SAC: Back and appears to be healthy, he is in line for good share of the hots left behind by the injured Blake Griffin
- Jae Crowder (BOS) vs PHI: Boston should have this game wrapped up and allow guys not named Thomas or Hortford to put up stats
- Joakim Noah (NYK) vs MIL: Finally getting back on track after a terrible start to the year. Playing the Bucks, should allow him for another solid night on the boards
- Isiah Thomas (BOS) vs PHI: Who exactly is going to stop him from having his way vs the 76ers ?
- Joel Embiid (PHI) vs BOS: He is just that good and intriguing, that he has to be considered. BOS will have problems dealing with him on the defensive side of the ball
- Nikola Vucevic (ORL) vs HOU: As long as he can keep up…he should have a terrific evening. He is a nightmare match-up for HOU with no Clint Capella in the middle.
Share YOUR thoughts on the best options for tonight
This is the post excerpt.
This is your very first post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.