Some Games and some Names I’ll be monitoring for my Draft Kings DFS daily line-up for Tuesday January 31, 2017
- New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards: This being the Knicks and the awful defensive effort they are bound to show, the Wizards become an interesting option for tonight. I like this match-up for the mid-level guys on the Wizards roster. Markieff Morris, Otto Porter and Martin Gortat are in line for a solid performance against a bad defense and have great potential to exceed value tonight. The Knicks have the red hot Carmelo Anthony who should continue to shine scoring the ball, but Porzingis is also starting to show signs of coming out of his slump. (Buyer Beware – Guillermo Hernangomez / Joakim Noah / Kyle O’Quinn – The Knicks continue to shuffle the three without a solidifying who will be getting the lions’ share of the minutes )
- Sacramento Kings vs Houston Rockets: This is an interesting game if you want to look at a few risky options. Typically I love to take a look at anyone going against the Rockets because we all except a high scoring game both ways, but the Kings just don’t offer a lot of options behind DeMarcus Cousins. Cousins is the one start who should be able to carry your fantasy line-up on this evening. Going against a potential MVP in James Harden, I expect Cousins to be in beast mode, also considering the fact the Rockets don’t have anyone who should offer him problems on the defensive end. Sadly behind Cousins it’s all a crap shoot, but if you need a few cheaper options you may want to consider Ty Lawson; and Garrett Temple of the Kings. For the Rockets, they go as James Harden goes, and after a slow night in his previous game, I expect him to play like the super star he is and match Cousins step for step. I believe Harden and Cousins will both have big nights, and one of them should be anchoring your fantasy line-up tonight
- San Antonio Spurs vs Oklahoma City Thunder: This game is very intriguing to me, as it offers us plenty of cheaper options at the PF and C positions due to injuries on both teams. These are all fairly risky options, but can pay off in a big way. For OKC, with Enes Kanter out, it’s not just Steven Adams who will benefit with extra minutes. Domantas Sabonis and Joffrey Lauvergne are now in line for more playing time and some extra touches of the ball. They are very cheap but deserve a look, since we do need to find a couple bargains. The Spurs are dealing with a similar issue and with no Pau Gasol for San Antonio tonight, we have David Lee and Davis Bertans as cheaper hail mary plays to fill out your roster.
- GOING CHEAP: Domantas Sabonis (OKC); Joffrey Lauvergne (OKC)
- GOING BIG: James Harden (HOU); DeMarcus Cousins (SAC)