Games and Names:
Here are some games and respective names on my radar, when building my DraftKings line-up for Friday, January 23, 2017
- Washington vs Charlotte: Charlotte is tough defensive match-up, but both team have explosive PGs who can go off in a big way. For tonight, I think it’s Kemba Walker who is the more intriguing option, while on Washington, I think Martin Gortat is in line for a very productive stat line this evening.
- Golden State vs Miami: The common theme of the games vs. the Warriors, is the opponents will have their share of scoring opportunities because the game is always at such a high pace. This makes Miami a team worth looking at, with names like Goran Dragic and Hassan Whiteside, as well as their secondary options of Dione Waiters and James Johnson
- LA Clippers vs Atlanta: Clippers are so badly depleted by injuries that by default they have options worth a look. In the backcourt, guys like Felton, Reddick and Rivers are all capable of a big night against the Hawks, while on the other side, the Clippers injuries should make them a good match up for Dennis Schroeder and Paul Millsap of the Hawks.
- San Antonio vs Brooklyn: The Spurs are not about filling up the stat sheet, but since the Nets are so bad defensively, and Tony Parker is out due to injury, Patty Mills is worth a look if you need a cheap option for your team. On the Nets, pay attention to Caris LaVert who continues to get more minutes and is still very fairly priced
- Houston vs Milwaukee: Two teams that push the pace, which should produce fireworks, but it’s not the hidden gems I am looking at, in this one. It’s the 2 starting PG who should have an all world outing in this one. If you are building your team around one star tonight, flip a coin between James Harden and Giannis Antetokounmpo and hope the game stays close so both stars can get big minute
- *** Going Cheap: Patty Mills (SA); Joakim Noah (NYK)
- *** Going Big: Giannis Antetokounpmpo (MIL); James Harden (HOU)