Some Games and some Names to consider, when building your Draft Kings line-up for Jan 18, 2017 – Weds.
- Raptors vs 76ers: This match-up has a lot of players who are questionable to dress for tonight, which warrants our attention right up until the tip off. With Joel Embiid questionable, we now have to consider Jalil Okafor for the 76ers at C, and a familiar scenario at PG. If TJ McConnell is out with an injury, Sergio Rodrigez should be in line for big minutes. If Embiid doesn’t play, that certainly will make the Raptors starting center, Jonas Valenciounous a more attractive option at a very reasonable price. The Raptors guards are also in a very favorable match up, so Lowry and DeRozan can both have huge outings tonight.
- Blazers vs Hornets: The Hornets have a big weakness on the interior, so this game is an opportunity for Mason Plumlee to fill the stat sheet. For Charlotte, I think this match-up presents a great opportunity for Nicolas Batum and Kemba Walker. Blazers are just not a solid defensive unit and Batum and Walker should hit value with a solid game tonight
- Knicks vs Celtics: Celtics players rejoice. You get the terrible Knicks defense tonight, and an opportunity to shine. Isiah Thomas and Al Hortford are in line for solid outings and should be able to justify their price vs the struggling Knicks defense. Don’t count out the Knicks players on this night. No KP and Courtney Lee remaining on the bench, we have to consider Melo as the main scoring option, Joakim Noah as a cheaper Center alternative, and a very cheap, reisky play of at Guard – Ron Baker, who is scheduled to be in the starting five. With a cheap price tag, he is worth a look to save money for other big names
- Bucks vs Rockets: What do you get when you put 2 offensively talented teams who have issues on defense ? You get ample opportunity for big fantasy outputs. For the Bucks, the Greak Freak should be one of highest point producers this evening. The Rockets push the temp, and they don’t defend particularly well, so Antekounmpo should fill the stat sheet. Greg Monroe is an interesting option, because the Rockets would struggle to defend him in the post, but will Jason Kidd give him minutes in a game that figures to be an uptempo match-up. Pay attention to the secondary scoring options on both teams, as there should be plenty of shots to go around. For the Bucks, Jabari Parker should have a big night, while for Houston, guys like Ryan Anderson, Pat Beverly, and even Montrezl Harrell warrant consideration. ( If Ryan Anderson is out, a risky alternative is Sam Dekker or Corey Brewer.
- Warriors vs Thunder: KD returns to OKC wearing the Warriors jersey. This is bound to be an explosive game with points not being an issue. Of course I expect another triple double from Russ ( and that already should be enough to build a line-up around him ), but I also like the matchup for Enes Kanter at Center, with Adams not available to go for OKC. For the Warriors, this is a pick em situation, but I believe Draymond Green, KD, and Klay Thompson make sense. Points will be scored plenty and often. Let’s hope it’s a close game so we can get our money’s worth on the top players for both teams
Going Cheap: Ron Baker (Knicks); Montzell Harrell ( Rockets )
Going Big: Giannis Antetokounmpo (Bucks), Russ Westbrook (OKC); Kevin Durant (GSW)